Thursday 26 August 2010

John McAdie

At last, the chance for all my sound technician training skills - from the Brunton Theatre, Musselburgh in 1988 to Channel Four Television in London, from 1993 to '95- my aspirations, ambitions, hopes and dreams of gaining proper employment as Studio Engineer has finally come to fruition, and what a lucky guy I consider myself to be.

At the fine age of 41 and despite being physically challenged with a mild form of Cerebral Palsy, affecting my right arm and leg, the wonderful team at Drake Music Scotland offered me the post of Studio Engineer for the "5 Songs" project which is now underway in the brand-new, purpose-built, state-of-the-art music and sound recording facility installed at Drake Music Scotland's premises in Craigmillar, Edinburgh.

To brush-up on my studio engineering skills, I attended a 2-day intensive training course on Drake's new installation back in June and have been using the the studio whenever it has been available, performing tasks such as self training on the new "Logic Pro" software, which is a high-end, industry standard computer music recording package to record my band Audability's new album. I like nothing more than using my talent to record, edit, mix and master any type of music and produce excellent quality audio recordings which will be acceptable for air play on radio, television and online, mp3, mp4 High Definition or DVD and CD.

By the superb standard of leadership in providing music accessibility for all, without exclusion, which Drake Music Scotland have set, I am so excited and looking forward to a wonderful and rewarding working relationship, both musically and technologically speaking, I will use my studio engineering skills to ensure that Drake Music Scotland are at the cutting-edge of music production by disabled and able-bodied people alike, the average listener will be amazed at the fantastic sound which will be created by the participants.

Thank you to all the team at Drake Music Scotland, prepare you ears for an audio logical feast!!

John McAdie

No comments:

Post a Comment